Let me be honest. I edited this post 3 times, BUT ended up writing something extremely silly yet simple.

Draft-1: All I want this x’mas is “8 hours of undisturbed sleep!” (I also got this awesome onsie from carters to perk up my post)..but somehow it sounded meh and I just chucked it.

xmas

Draft-2: All I want this x’mas is to celebrate it at New York Times Square..sounded great..but the words didn’t come from heart. So chucked this one too.

Draft-3: All I want this x’mas is a “new me”..more organized, more patient, more multi-talented.. But this one sounded more like a resolution, and less like a heart-felt wish! Needless to say, I chucked this one too.

So what do I really really really want this Christmas?!

all-i-want-for-christmaswI’ll tell you about a little incidence that took place today, and hopefully by the end of it you will understand what I really want this X’mas!
To start off, let me put a disclaimer by saying I genuinely respect all kinds of mums (and their accordingly matching x’mas wishes) – the easy going moms, the over sensitive moms, the cool ones, the witty ones, the outspoken ones, the introvert ones, blogger moms, vlog moms, alpha moms, stay-at-home moms, work-from-home moms, working moms..etc etc. I am struggling to be somewhere in between all these mom-tags…So I would say I’m an okayish cool, sometimes super- emotional work-from-home mom who at times have to go to office! (Phew).

Today was my “working” day. Somehow I left for work with an extremely heavy heart. I was in middle of some Social Media brainstorming session when my MIL called me to say that Ritwik was extremely sad and on a hunger-strike! I rushed back home to find my otherwise extremely cool and independent boy literally jumping on me and crying. I took him to our room..he did not even want to nurse..he just hugged me tight, kept his head on my shoulder and held me in that position for 10 whole minutes. I mean that is something for a kiddo who does not even stay still in one place for a micro-second! I hugged him super-tight, and before I could realize I was crying..crying and saying sorry to my boy…sorry that mumma had to go to work..sorry that mumma can’t be with you all the time…sorry that mumma made you cry today..I explained to him why most Β mommies go back to work..he seemed to be listening and understanding all of it..I hugged him even more tight, gave him like 10 zillion kisses…and suddenly he looked at me, as if pretty convinced and gave me his to-die-for smile! It made me giggle..we played on the bed..and he was back to his naughty-self..rolling and laughing..in short he was at his HAPPIEST best! I looked at him, and there! I knew what I wanted…I said to myself “Dear Santa, All I want this x’mas is to let all children be HAPPY like this, always!”

image source: goodfon.com

image source: goodfon.com

I know as kids, they will have not-so-good days.. But in the midst of all the toddler tantrums, separation anxieties, parental disciplining and struggles, let there be plentiful of Happiness, joy and laughter in every house! So dear Santa, let every infant grow up into a happy toddler, an even happy pre-schooler and further beyond! Keep on lighting up every kid’s mood just the way you did for us today. Let there be no “Y” in happYness, but “I” in happIness (thank you, Will Smith).

Dear Santa whilst you are busy working on the wishes of the witty moms and the funny moms, do remember to stuff the stockings of all our kids with countless HAPPY moments…be their guardian whilst their mums are at work, be their healer when they fall sick, be their guide when their own school teachers give up on them..because all I want for X’mas is a world full of giggling, happy babies! Amen.

courtesy: gettyimages

courtesy: gettyimages

2017-05-11T17:13:26+00:00December 19th, 2013|

23 Comments

1. sonali December 20, 2013 at 3:41 am - Reply

Wow amurata…in such simple words u hve narrated evry moms stort…her fears nd tears fr deir babies. Love the Way u hv written it

• Amu December 20, 2013 at 4:05 am - Reply

Thank you so much Sonali! πŸ™‚

2. indianshringar December 20, 2013 at 3:58 am - Reply

Beautifully written and straight from the heart. I have experienced this quite quite a few times with both my boys. I felt so guilty when I got back home to find my son crying and then having him hug me and cling to me…I guess, its part of motherhood.

I agree with your wish. All I want if for all kids to be happy and carefree and healthy coz an unwell child breaks my heart.

• Amu December 20, 2013 at 4:04 am - Reply

Thank you so much Dollie for your kind words..they touched my heart! And i am glad that you agree with my X’mas wishlist…i guess deep down, this is what every mother wants…:) thank you for stopping by!

3. Suru December 20, 2013 at 6:24 am - Reply

Amazing amu!!!

• Amu December 20, 2013 at 8:43 am - Reply

Thank you Suru. xoxo

4. Rachna December 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm - Reply

How sweet! Hope it comes true for all children and their parents!

• Amu December 20, 2013 at 3:20 pm - Reply

Thank you Rachna…yes i really hope 2014 brings along loads and loads of happiness to all the kids across the world!

5. Veens December 20, 2013 at 2:25 pm - Reply

Aww.. that was really touching. What a lovely post!

• Amu December 20, 2013 at 3:19 pm - Reply

Thank you Veena…Happy Holidays and lots of good wishes to you and your baby! God bless!

• Veens December 20, 2013 at 3:41 pm - Reply

Same to you and yours, Amu!

6. […] and I are trying to get every thing on our children’s list to Santa, here is Amruta who has a mom’s list of what she wants for Christmas (it’s exactly what you are […]

• Amu December 21, 2013 at 10:56 am - Reply

Thank you so much Swapna for sharing my post on your blog! Appreciate it, my mommy friend πŸ™‚ and i am glad you enjoyed reading the post. Wish you and your family a merry merry x’mas! Happy Holidays!!

7. Sulekha (@sulekkha) December 21, 2013 at 5:21 am - Reply

A beautiful wish that I hope come true, heartwarming post πŸ™‚

• Amu December 21, 2013 at 10:52 am - Reply

Thank you so much Sulekha! Really appreciate it πŸ™‚

8. Fab December 23, 2013 at 7:03 am - Reply

So true!!! That’s all we want for our kids and kids everywhere else too!! Merry Christmas!

• Amu December 23, 2013 at 8:42 am - Reply

Thank you Fab. Merry Merry X’mas..:)

9. Aloka December 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm - Reply

what a lovely post! so beautiful! i know exactly how you must have felt at that moment when you started playing with your little boy and he was so happy! i know what it feel like to be head over heels mamma !

• Amu December 28, 2013 at 4:59 pm - Reply

Thank you so much Aloka! Yup, it is the best feeling ever…
      You know after that day he keeps checking if i am around or am trying to sneak out to go to work!

10. Her Mommyness December 29, 2013 at 9:49 pm - Reply

I’ve been there- explaining myself, saying sorry a million times and feeling horrible about being away for a microsecond. AND I am a sahm. So it happens to all of us! Super cute Christmas wishes. I do hope they all come true.

• Amu December 30, 2013 at 10:08 am - Reply

Thank You Shefali for your lovely words πŸ™‚ i am glad that i am not the only one…! You know after that day i am really re-thinking “To go or not to go!” (occasionally) to my workplace! But as all moms would agree, kiddos comes first..rest all can take a backseat πŸ˜‰

• Her Mommyness December 30, 2013 at 8:11 pm - Reply

They certainly do. But think of it this way Amruta, in no time he will be grown and saying “No mom, I got this.” I think its great that you are working and are able to be around for him when he needs you. The best of both worlds in my opinion.

• Amu December 31, 2013 at 7:55 am - Reply

Spot on πŸ™‚ i totally second that…i really wish more and more employers provide WFH options especially to new mothers, so we can strike a balance, and as you just said, enjoy best of both the worlds!