I’m so excited to participate in the Montessori for the Holidays Series! This week I am sharing some fun, hands-on Diwali activities that you can do at home with your children 🙂

Make sure to check out all the fabulous bloggers who have participated in this series. Their details will be at the end of the post!

For now, here are some fun Diwali activities we did at home: PicMonkey Collage

Check video on my YouTube Channel for all the details:

First, we painted some earthen diyas! colllPicMonkey Collage

Next, some fun with floating candles! My son had too much fun putting the flowers and candle in the water bowl.

colIMG_3058

After that we did cutting and pasting work with hand-drawn diyas, followed with some finger painting. (My son finger painted “lights” of the Diyas with some yellow paint!)

colkPicMonkey Collage

IMG_3160

We also make some DIY-rangoli with color salts. Once the salts were mixed with paints, we let them dry for one whole day. The next day we glued some glue onto cardboard and paper plates and my son had lots of fun pouring the colored salts on to this!

rangoli

And lastly, Diwali is all about giving & gifting, so we filled these gift boxes with some dry fruits for gifting purpose 🙂

IMG_3164

I hope you enjoyed this short post, but don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel to get your weekly dose of loads of activity ideas and fun, DIY stuff!

Check out some more amazing Montessori holiday blog posts!

holiday

The Montessori Notebook ~ Montessori by Mom ~ When Hippos Talk

Little Fingers at Work ~ At Kid Level ~ Magical Movement Company

Christian Montessori Network ~ Montessori Unfiltered ~ Mama’s Happy Hive

Montessori Nature ~ Welcome to Mommyhood ~ Our Montessori Home

I Believe in Montessori ~ Living Montessori Now ~ The Kavanaugh Report

The Natural Homeschool ~ Age of Montessori

Stay blessed!

Amruta

2017-05-11T17:13:22+00:00November 3rd, 2015|

13 Comments

1. Katherine November 11, 2015 at 11:33 am - Reply

Happy Diwali Amruta! Now I know more about this interesting holiday! All material you are using are so beautiful. I especially liked painting diys! They look very bright! I enjoy reading such kid of post where we share culture!

• Amu November 14, 2015 at 1:56 pm - Reply

Thank you so much Katherine 🙂 I am so glad you enjoyed the Indian activities 🙂

2. ELJohnsen November 11, 2015 at 3:38 pm - Reply

This is a beautiful post about a beautiful celebration! Thank you, Amruta!

3. Carolyn Lucento November 11, 2015 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Love your video series, Amruta! This one really brings the activities to life and they are so important for children! All are very child-friendly and fit well into Montessori environment.

• Amu November 14, 2015 at 1:55 pm - Reply

Thank you so much Carolyn 🙂 I am so glad you enjoyed reading about Indian culture 🙂

4. Mama's Happy Hive November 12, 2015 at 2:50 pm - Reply

This is an amazing post and all the photos are so beautiful! I love the multicultural aspect of this blog hop series. It’s fun!

• Amu November 14, 2015 at 1:53 pm - Reply

Thank you so much 🙂 I totally enjoyed learning and reading the different posts from across the globe too! Thank you so much for putting this together 🙂

5. Mamamontessori13 November 12, 2015 at 3:09 pm - Reply

Lovely post! I have always loved the Indian culture and its beauty of making everything beautiful. I defintely will making note of all your great activites to add to our India study! Great job!!

• Amu November 14, 2015 at 1:54 pm - Reply

Aw, I am so glad! Thank you so so much 🙂

6. montessoricarrie November 15, 2015 at 7:26 am - Reply

Great ideas! I think I’ll introduce the flowers and candle in water decoration next year at my school as a variation of flower arranging. We decorate diyas or make rangolis every year. Plus enjoy Indian treats! It was my daughter’s first time participating in the Diwali celebration and she really enjoyed it, especially lighting her diya at home.

• Amu November 19, 2015 at 9:10 am - Reply

That is so great 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing this with me and I hope the children like the flower decoration work 🙂

7. jactreemont (@jactreemont) November 16, 2015 at 6:05 pm - Reply

Diwali seems like such a special celebration. Thanks for sharing your celebration with us.

• Amu November 19, 2015 at 9:10 am - Reply