A visual routine chart is one of the ways to help and positively motivate a child to get done with everyday chores like brushing, potty, eating, dressing up etc. This is a visual chart which will help the child to understand that there are everyday, routine tasks that he / she needs to complete. This chart is best suited for Preschoolers and Kindergartners (ages 3 / 3.5+).
Included in this set are:
- One cardstock laminated chart with 12 visually appealing tasks.
- Individually cut and laminated 12 visually appealing cardstock cards for the child to match on the main chart. The chart and cards have double sided velcro so that the child can easily stick the card / remove it.
- You will also receive a set of command cards FREE with this set. You can read out the command cards and ask the child to enact what is written / you can also play Simon Says with these command cards.
How to use:
- You can tape the laminated chart using a scotch tape on a wall / door where the child is most likely to see it. Alternatively you can even punch a hole and hang it on a hook using a ribbon or thread.
- Keep the 12 cards in a small bowl / basket closer to the chart
- Let the child explore the chart and the cards first – play fun games first about the chore names, ask him / her what all tasks he / she does by himself / herself! Let the child get acquainted with the chart first.
- Then every time the child finishes a task (in any random order) , ask him / her to match and put that particular card on the laminated chart.
- Tasks like eating / washing hands are done more than once in a day, so if the child wants, you can again remove that particular card and let him put it again on the chart.
P.S: Do not use this is as a reward or a sticker chart (you can read here about why reward charts dont work).
Product size: The Laminated Chart is 11 x 12 cm (larger than A4 size), and individual cards are 2.5 x 3 cm