PREORDER – WILL BE SHIPPED IN 3-5 WEEKS
Children love stories – be it listening to them or weaving on their own! Storytelling is an art and can be a lot of fun for children as well as parents. It is also a great language building activity, be it in English or your mother tongue!
With this set you can make your own stories with cute wooden miniatures!The set includes:
1. One wooden flannel board on which the prompts snuggly stick!
2. Collection of 53 wooden cutouts that you or the children can use as props for the storytelling session
3. 7 fun prompt cards and 11 colouring cards (children can use the colouring cards for their school pretend play using the school themed cut-outs used in the set).
This set can be used for all age groups. The set contains following 53 props:
- School themed props (Teacher with blackboard, Teacher assisting a child, Child in uniform, school bus, child with a globe, child with a calendar, child painting, children keenly listening, a child with a book, music instrument, child with a sapling, child reading, child eating)
- Camping themed props (children at a pool, children in a tent, children rowing a boat, lantern, Van, campfire, lizard, stump of a tree, child with a basket of fruits, cupcakes, moon, pond, fish)
- Farm themed prompts (Farmhouse, Farmer, duck and ducklings, dog with puppies, girl with a dog, bird on a twig, child with hens, child with a pig, child with a lamb, child milking cow, bucket of water)
- Miscellaneous prompts (Family, Grandma -grandpa, child singing, Karate, house, mushrooms, Sun, clouds, tree, airplane, balloons, earthen pots, parrot)
Flannel board: 12×18 Inches
The 53 wooden 2d props range from a size of 6 cm – 12 cm
For younger children, the parents can use the props and weave a funny story.
Older children can use the props and come up with their own stories.
This is a beautiful, open-ended, hands-on creation with endless possibilities. Use it as a memory game, fine motor game (it is fun for little children to stick the wooden pieces to the flannel board), I spy game, language building, storytelling, show and tell! Older children can also use this as drawing prompts.
Importance of storytelling:
1. Introduces new vocabulary to the children: Listening to stories enhances a child’s vocabulary. When they see pictures or figurines, their imaginative thinking broadens.
2. Enhances child’s reasoning ability, listening skills, creativity and imagination.
3. Stories listened on TV or Ipad will not be as effective as the ones read from a book or told by a child! When you tell a story or encourage a child to weave his own story, you are helping them develop lot of wonderful traits that an ipad or laptop can never justify.
4. It is a fun, play-based learning activity by itself and a great way to keep children occupied while at home. It is a very interactive activity where you can build conversation and have a fun time with your child.